Computer Science: Honors in Major
- Minimum Grade Point Average in major: 3.50.
One of the following course sequence options:
Computer Science (12 Credits):
- CS745 or CS723,
- An Implementation Intensive elective,
- An honors section of a 700-level course, or a 900-level course.
CS: Bioinformatics (12 Credits):
- One of CS730, CS770, CS975 or CS981,
- GEN996 (in lieu of BCHM711).
- A thesis project CS696HW (4 or 5 credits).
- Computer Science (12 Credits):
Students must complete a project or thesis on a topic approved by the departmental honors committee and supervised by a faculty member in the department. The student must submit a written report and give a public demonstration or presentation of the results upon completion of this course.
Students are required to submit their project or thesis plan for approval by the departmental honors committee no later than the end of the semester prior to their commencement of CS696HW.
- Alternative programs of study can be designed by honors students, but must be approved by the undergraduate studies committee.
- If a 900-level course is taken (only 3 credits), a 5 credit CS696HW should be taken (instead of 4 credits) in order to have a total of 16 credits.